Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I have in the long march trips during my time in the army several times experienced march where I f

Sleep connection. ultramarathon | Ultrarun
Home Shop Coaching Personal Coaching & Mental Testimonials & References Pose Running course (running smiths technique) Pose Running Lesson (running technique) Marathon Des Sables Marathon smiths Des Sables Desert Training Camp Packing List WINFORCE 100 km WINFORCE 100 km Registration Start List 2014 Results List 2013 Photo Gallery 2013 Blog Contact smiths
Ahhh there's nothing smiths like waking up completely rested after a good night's sleep a night where they had not been awakened by his early birds children of noise from the street or the phone ringing insistently. smiths
Sleep is crucial for us as people, but especially in the endurance sports, ultra & extreme race. We all tried not to get enough sleep and the body can get used to a lot, but sleep is important not to both our refund, but also for performance.
I have in my time in the Army had many types of night guards smiths who had commonalities as well as differences. During my time in the Royal Guard, I was originally trained Motorized Infantryman (infantry moving through non armored vehicles such as cars, trucks, etc.) and later Armored smiths Infantryman (infantry moving through smiths armored vehicles such as armored personnel carriers and others .), and therefore I have for a long period during exercises and training had night shifts in foxholes in really smiths cold frosty smiths weather & winter and in the pouring rain. Guards, where I really had a hard time keeping me awake when the guards typically came at times when I was already physically exhausted and had not slept much for days on end.
Later in my time in the Navy, I have regularly gone bridge operators to warships, where I am, for example. 2400-0400 smiths or pm. 0400-0800 smiths was the duty officer on the ship's bridge. Be it during international operations and exercises as well as guards in port. Other types of night shifts have been at Maritime Monitoring North in charge of keeping track of all the tankers and vessel traffic conditions in anchor and sail through Danish waters as well as handle rescue operations in Danish waters. It could thus be shifts where rescue operations drove from kl. 0200 and well into the morning.
Common to many types of night shifts, which I over the last almost 14 years have seen is that it has always been very difficult smiths for me to stay awake during the period between the hours. 0200-0300. It was as if after time. 0300-0330 that I had overcome the crisis sleep, and had an easier time keeping me awake.
I have in the long march trips during my time in the army several times experienced march where I fell asleep while I was going for several hours to have hallucinated violently. Strangely, I have never experienced it during ultramarathon.
While we are awake formed a chemical called adenosine, and the longer you stay awake, the more adenosine is formed in the blood. It is this substance that makes us sleepy and can cause hallucinations and influence our cognitive abilities, coordination and balance negatively and adversely affect us especially when we run well below an ultramarathon smiths or extreme race.
Many ultra runners and endurance athletes experience being out for so many hours that sleep deprivation associated with different types of race is a reality - it may be in timeløb such as 24 hour race, 100 miles races or stage races such as the Marathon Des Sables.
In this context, most probably smiths tried using caffeine during competitions (be it in various energy gels or energy drinks) smiths to get an invigorating smiths effect, and caffeine has also been shown to have a performance enhancing effect. Caffeine but also has the property that it temporarily blocks the production of adenosine, and thereby reduces the symptoms of insomnia, which can be. Energy drinks (as most young pupils well by now drink more often than water) such as Red Bull and Monster Energy is also used by many ultra runners in the race that lasts several days, the better to keep sleep at bay. The problem though is just that after the use and consumption of large amounts of caffeine have a "dip" again when the blockage of adenosine decreases, which leads to that one will feel even more tired than before.
Different sleep strategies can be used during long ultramarathon, for example, where you take little power naps during the race and a nap in just 15 minutes. - Comes not into the deeper smiths sleep where you will feel even more tired and bombed by luren. Just 15 min. power naps can reduce the amount smiths of adenosine dramatically and, consequently, many of sleep symptoms. smiths
In connection with my participation in the stage race Marathon Des Sables over 7 days in the Sahara desert I never felt that I was asleep point of exhaustion. Follow the rhythm of sunrise and sunset to control sleep quantity, and at no time in that connection I experienced to hallucinate or fall asleep while I run. My s

No comments:

Post a Comment